Master’s in Business Administration from University of the East, Manila, Philippines
POSITIONS HELD BY SAJID Sandhu
- Chairman Pakistan Interfaith League (PIL) a socio-political movement
- Chairman Interfaith League Against Poverty (I-LAP) NGO
- Chairman HUMSUB TV
- Anchor Person of Red Zone with Sajid Ishaq (HumSub.TV)
- President National Baptist Church of Pakistan
- Ex. Advisor to Chairman Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI) on Minority Affairs (Former ruling party)
- Ex. Central President of Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI) Minority Wing (Former ruling party)
- Ex. Member Central Executive Committee Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI) (Former ruling party)
- National Security Workshop (NSW-20) – (2018)
- The Importance of Social Media, Eastern Mennonite University, USA (June 05-15, 2017)
- Trauma Healing Training, Eastern Mennonite University, USA (September 18 – 22, 2006)
- Development Evaluation, Carlton University, Ottawa, Canada Sponsored by World Bank (July 01 – July 12, 2002)
- Community Development Studies, Sally Oak Colleges, University of Birmingham, UK
1. Award by the Ministry of Minority Affairs for the longstanding struggle for Peace and Interfaith Harmony in the country.
2. Award by National Network of Interfaith and Peace on untiring efforts for Peace and Interfaith Harmony in Pakistan.
I am currently enrolled in MA Apologetics at the Southern Baptist Theological Seminary, Louisville KY.
I did my Masters’ degree in Business Administration from Manila, Philippines; Community Development Studies from University of Birmingham, Sally Oak College UK and proceeded to Carleton University, Ottawa, Canada for Development Evaluation Study. I also pursued various short courses from different countries including USA, Canada, United Kingdom, and Europe.
My formal education has served as the foundation for my ability to develop keen leadership skills, solid business judgment, and excellent communication abilities.
On my return to Pakistan, I put my abilities to best use by establishing Interfaith League Against Poverty
(I-LAP), a National NGO to promote interfaith harmony and peace in the region through different development projects. In a short span of time I-LAP was able to establish its presence in four provinces of Pakistan, namely KPK, Punjab, Sindh and Baluchistan. My Mission was to assist the marginalized communities irrespective of their faith, caste, and creed; to strengthen them economically and educationally and to highlight the importance of Peace and Interfaith Harmony.
God has been very kind in granting me a strong reputation among civil society organizations, national and international community, Church, media, and political circle where I am regarded as a very strong leader with great abilities.
I have been playing an essential role in creating awareness among people of different faiths regarding the importance and values of interfaith harmony, peace, tolerance, and respect. I envision creating a new generation of peace workers, peace defenders, and peace negotiators for catalyzing positive change in the community. These peace workers would be the ambassadors of peace working towards prevention of ethnic conflicts and religious extremism for promoting sustenance of interfaith and intra faith harmony in the multi-cultural scenario of Pakistan and beyond.
My ultimate aim is to see Pakistan become a true democratic State. I continuously struggle for equal rights for all Minorities; Access to Justice; Quality Education for All and for the abolishment of Discriminatory Laws that discriminate on the basis of religion. I believe that no one can change the past, but the future is in our hands; we can learn from errors made by our elders and rectify them by not repeating the same mistakes, thus making an effort to open our hearts to positive change in every way. I strongly believe that peace between nations is possible only when there is peace within communities and among people of different faiths and beliefs. For the purpose, I actively engage in Advocacy and Lobbing and organize dialogues between different religious scholars, students, teachers, policymakers, parliamentarians, and clergy.
I, with the help of God, have accomplished many significant goals and have made many noteworthy contributions towards this end. Consistently, I have been at the forefront of benevolent causes, selflessly helping those in need. I, through my organization have been providing Humanitarian Assistance to victims of various calamities irrespective of their cultural, religious and provincial differences.
Due to my experience and expertise on religious freedom, peacebuilding, Christian development, and disaster preparedness, I have been invited to participate and speak at various international conferences and universities. Over the years I have represented Pakistan on various forums such as:
- International Religious Freedom Conference organized by US State Department, 2019
- Sustainable Housing in the Age of Disaster and Climate Change, Bangkok
- 6th International Conference for Peace – Osaka, Japan
- Disaster Preparedness Conference, Malaysia
- South Asian Partners Conference, Utrach, The Netherlands
- Christian Micro Enterprise Development Consultation, Romania
- Christian Micro Enterprise Development Consultation, Thailand
- Christian Micro Enterprise Development Consultation, Oxford UK
- Central Asian Businessmen Consultation, Virginia USA
- The Gideon’s International Convention, Chicago, USA